2 February 2009

Update: 22 Weeks...

Weight: 14-11.6. (Target 14-13.2). BMI: 29.7. Body Fat: 32.6%.
Wk 25 Training: Hours: 7:06 (Target 7:30). Bike: 68.8k.
 
Weight... A pound down. Not a great week, but taken in perspective not too bad. Firstly, I had a busy social week icluding a few trips to restaurants where finding the option for a 500 KCal meal or the motivation to turn down the filet steak is at best very tough. However, all-in-all progress has been good. 9.6 lbs in 4 weeks is ahead of my targeted loss and also my expectations. If I continue like this I'll hit my next milestone (14-7) in mid to late Feb.  Bring on the 34" waist trousers.  As an aside, my BMI has also dropped below 30 for the first time in a few months, which means that I am no longer clinically obese.  Reason to celebrate I say - Anyone for ice cream???
 
Training... A pleasing weeks work.  Four good gym sessions during the week and a couple of nice outings on the bike.  Starting to get into my stride with the hours (particularly with those done before/after work down the gym).  The point of note this week is my laps of Richmond Park as I have posted my first time of the season (1:09:10) which is bang on target for this time of year (ok it's 10 seconds slower, but I'd have been quicker if the traffic hadn't dilly dallied).  What is also pleasing is that it also sits well with my Jan/Feb times from 2 years ago.  However, what is slightly scary when I look at the targets table (below) is the fact that I am expected to improve by 33 seconds every week!  That seems pretty tough.  I keep telling myself that it is just 0.8%.  But it's not working yet.  I'll have a blast in a couple of weeks to see if I am a minute quicker???

No comments: