26 January 2009

Update: 23 Weeks...

Weight: 14-12.6. BMI: 30.0. Body Fat: 33.9%.
Wk 25 Training: Hours: 5:59 (Target 7:00). Bike: 78.0k.

Weight... Down some more (3.2lb loss).  Re-sult.  Have been very careful with my diet this week and so am pleased that this is translating to fewer pounds on the scales.  Whilst eating healthily requires being more organised and fighting my urges, actually I really don't mind the food, it tastes suprisingly good!  fruit salad... Mmmm.  Weigh-in wise we have now reached the end of January.  My target for this point was to have got to 15 st 1.1 lbs.  So to be sub 14 is great news.  Next milestone is 14-7 by the end of Feb.  Six pounds in four weeks - Game on...

Training... Mentioned in my last post the importance of getting the hours in early in the week, well, I put that plan into action this week with some gym sessions that included my first foray into a pre-work workout for quite a few years.  Three pretty good sessions meant that I had 2:30 under my belt before the weekend.  I can see that as the number of hours ramp up over the next few months that me and the gym are going to become pretty close!  Laps of Richmond Park on Saturday and into the depths of Surrey on Sunday.  This was unfortunately cut short - a puncture, broken spoke, buckled wheel and heavy rain meant that I didn't complete what I had set out to do.  One positive was that I was feeling good at the time and am enjoying my riding right now, which bodes well.

Overall, a generally pleased with my week and progress to date.  Still a long way to go though...

No comments: