19 January 2009

Update: 24 Weeks...

Weight: 15-1.8. BMI: 30.3. Body Fat: 33.9%.
Wk 25 Training: Hours: 5:05 (Target 6:30). Bike: 101.1k.

Last week it was a diet. Now I can call it a training program as I have actually done some training...

Weight… Down some more (-3.4lbs). My target is 2lbs a week, so this is a nice little bonus. It is going to be essential over the next few weeks that I do a few solid 3-pounders. That is the problem with having to average 2lbs a week is that it leaves very little room for error. So I need to try and build in a little leeway for when times are tough and I don't hit my target. Good stuff, more of the same next week please.

Training… A nice start. Ok, my plan might say 6:30 hrs and I only achieved 5:05 but the main point is that my training has commenced, hopefully I can build up some momentum.

I was reflecting with MM earlier about, even in the early weeks, how difficult actually getting all the hours in can be. And woe betide you if you leave it until the end of the week - because at this stage of the season having almost 6 hours to knock off in a weekend is no easy feat. 1:45 hrs on Saturday left me needing to do 4 hours on Sunday. No probs in June maybe, but right now I don't have the fitness levels to join the club ride or sustain 4 hours solo. I managed 2:30 and fell a little short for the week. So the secret is to pace yourself through the week sufficiently to leave a do-able amount for the weekend. This applies to the season equally as it does the training week. If one fails to lay down sufficient base in the Winter & Spring then there is no chance to play catch up in the Summer as the endurance is just not there to handle the high workloads. So a lesson learned, must maintain my focus on the start of the week and that start of the season if I'm to have any chance of performing in July.

No comments: