13 January 2009

Update: 25 Weeks...

Weight: 15-5.2. BMI: 30.7. Body Fat: 35.0%.
Wk 26 Training: Hours: 0.  Bike: 0k. Work: 0 KCal.

It's a start, even if it isn't very much...

Weight… Down a little (2.0lbs). My target is for something like 25 weeks at 2lbs a week, so it is pleasing that I have managed to drop the requisite 2lbs and I am not playing catch up already.  It's this stage of the process that weightloss should be a little easier, however, the fact that my training didn't happen this week will have played its part.  Nevertheless, I am moving in the right direction and if I can build form here it will seem like I am making progress in no time at all.  For me momentum plays a big part, I find that when I start losing weight, I get the confidence that my actions (be it training or healthy eating) are working and this helps me string consecutive weeks together.  It is when I have a couple of stale, flat weeks that I struggle and there is a distinct danger of the wheels coming off.  So, what I need to get this weightloss up to speed with a couple of good weeks...

Training… Not a good week.  Over the last couple of years I have been self employed and been have had the flexibility (if not always the motivation) to get in the training hours when required.  Now that I have joined the world of gainful employment I am much more restricted in when I can train.  Last week was a busy week at work (year end and all that), and then I had a wedding at the weekend.  All-in-all no training.  Less than ideal and not really forgivable.  I will have to ensure that over the next 25 weeks it doesn't happen again.  The target for January is an average 6:45 hours/week.  So the my task for this week is to do some training and get out on the bike.

1 comment:

Mark Liversedge said...

keep the faith... i hit the hills most weekends just shout if you fancy it ... even at a more leisurely pace than 28kph!!!

you shoukld check out the tour of the hills from shere for your autumn schedule. its a much harder ride than the legs of steel. see audax website for details,

take care,
mark