9 February 2009

Update: 21 Weeks...

Weight: 14-7.2. (Target 14-11.2). BMI: 29.0. Body Fat: 31.2%.
Wk 22 Training: Hours: 6:52 (Target 6:30). Bike: 99.5k.
Great week.

Weight... Lost 4.4 pounds for the week!  Now, clearly there is perhaps a slight anomoly included in this figure (water content, etc), but at least I am moving in the right direction.  And if I can lose just 0.4 lbs more next week I will dip below 14-7.  Tried on the 34" trousers at the weekend and whilst I am not yet there, this milestone is definately on the horizon.  As an aside I've also now lost 1 stone since the start of the year, so the incremental progress I have been making is starting to add up to something worthwhile.

Training... Another good week's work and my first where I have done more than target (primarily because I have been enjoying the sessions and they have been going well).  Rest days on Monday & Tuesday tied in well with the atrotious weather conditions.  Gym-ed it on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.  Then out on the bike at the weekend.  I had planned my first go at Box Hill for the year.  But having seen some photos of the snow & ice in the Surrey lanes decided that in the interests of staying upright I would be better sticking to the more major routes.  So, went on a 2.5 hr loop out towards Windsor.  Very nice to.  The intention, weather pernmitting, is to attempt an assault on the summit of Mt. Box Hill next weekend.  Wish me luck.
Nutrition... After putting a few queries regarding post gym session nutrition on BikeRadar, my diet has taken a bashing from those forumites in the know.  The short of it, is that I need to eat more for breakfast.  Fruit salad & yoghurt apparantly is not sufficient to do the job, particularly after a workout.  So, I am going to up my intake at breakfast, add recovery shake where I have done a particularly hard session (Mmmm ForGoodness Shakes!!!) and eat a little more in the day, whilst cutting back my evening meal (normally had at 9pm).

No comments: