16 February 2009

Update: 20 Weeks...

Weight: 14-5.8. (Target 14-9.2). BMI: 28.8. Body Fat: 30.9%.
Wk 21 Training: Hours: 4:35 (Target 7:30). Bike: 38.0k.
 
Weight...  Down 1.4.  In the context of last weeks 4 lb loss this is very pleaseing (& suprising).  What's more, it makes the 7th consective week of loss matching the best run of weightloss I have had in the last few years.  Nothing like applying a little pressure for next week...
 
Training... Not a great week.  It started OK with 3 gym sessions, a spin class and 3 laps of Richmond Park on Saturday.  Then it all went wrong.  I had mentally comitted to going on my first club ride of the year, had gotten up early, fuelled up on porridge, prepared everything and wheeled the bike to the front door when I realised that I didn't have my shoes and they were nowhere to be found.  I summaisedf that they had either been left round my brothers house (he was out) or in the road outside said house whilst I loaded my bike into the car.  Much annoyance all round.  When they turned up at home a little later in the day I was particularly vexed at not having anyone otrher than myself to blame.  By now I was in no mood for a ride and the day was consigned to an impromptu rest day, hence the lack of hours for the week.  The toys are back in the pram now and I shall use this shortfall asw motivation to ensure I get 8.5 hours done over the next seven days.
 
Nutrition... After last weeks pledge to change my breakfast (from fruit & yoghurt) I have found instant porridge.  Up until now I had totally dismissed the idea of porridge at work as being far to much of a faff. Au contraire.  Oatso simple. 2 minutes in the microwave - whilst I make my tea - some banana sliced on the top and I have a delicious, nutritious meal all ready to go.  Given that I was having fruit salad & yoghurt at lunch as well, I think should be a big improvement (variety, low GI, etc).

1 comment:

Mark Liversedge said...

hi rich,

great to read you're back and focussed. congrats on the early successes. long may they continue!

you may be interested to known that porridge oats work just the same as oatso simple ie 2 mins in the micro. but healthier cause there is no suigar, syrups or dodgy flavourings. and they're cheaper although i doubt thats a great worry.

all the best,
mark