4 May 2009

Update: 9 weeks...

Weight: 12-13.4. (Target 13-1.7). BMI: 25.9. Body Fat: 25.4%.
Forecast: 12-0.2 (extrapolate: 6.6 lbs loss over last 4wks to remaining 8wks).
Wk10 Training: Hours: 7:30 (Target 11:00). Bike: 150.2km @ 25.7kph.

Two months today and it will all be over. The Marmotte will have finished and I hope to be enjoying pizza & a few beers in Alp d'Huez having completed the course and done myself proud. Exactly what proud translates to will be dependent on how the next 9 weeks go.. Tick over and I should be able to finish. Get focused, keep my head down, lose some more weight, increase my speed endurance and I reckon that a 'Gold Standard' time can be achieved. Guess we'll see...

Weight... Down 3.4 lbs. Result. After a few quiet weightloss weeks it's nice to get a bumper one. Also great to dip below 13 stone. A bit of a pshycological landmark. My diet is pretty settled after 17 weeks of this regime and it seems to be working as long as I maintain the will power to pass up all those temptations.

Training... An Ok week. Managed to get 7.5 hours in despite nothing on Thursday, Friday/Saturday. Worked late on thursday to free up more time for Friday. Friday & Saturday became a write off when my 2 yr old son needed to go to hospital (ambulance no less) for a viral/asthma attack. He was home on Saturday and doing well so I managed to get out on the club run. Playing catch up for the week I opted for the 60 miler. Turned out to be 130k all in for me and was a nice ride. The pace was modest (25.4kph) but the route incluided a few good Surrey Hills and I pushed hard on those to make the most of the ride.

2008... Thought it would be interesting to see where I am at versus last year. To my shame the records show that I didn't start my Marmotte training last year until 3rd May! And in that first week I did just one hour. Oh, and I weighed 15stone . So I am 2 stone lighter and have done 117 hours more training than last year. Although this is more of an indictment of last year than anything else. (For the record I have done about 30 hours less training than 2007, but do weigh 4 lbs less.)


No comments: