30 March 2009

Update: 14 weeks...

Weight: 13-7.4. (Target 13-11.5). BMI: 27.1. Body Fat: 26.9%.
Wk 15 Training: Hours: 7:55 (Target 9:00). Bike: 178.6km @ 25.5kph.

Weight... I had already drafted my blog entry (which i sometimes do on a Sunday night whilst analysing my week's work) prior to this morning's weigh-in.  So convinced was I that this would be the week that the run of consecutive weight loss came to an end.  To my very pleasant surprise, once again I have lost some weight.  Brilliant.  My 2007 season 'benchmark weight' for week 14 was 13-10 so I am slightly ahead of that year's performance; which ended up with me weighing 12-12 the week of the Etape.  And I only lost 2 lbs in the final 6 weeks.  So I am very much on target and confident that I should be able to be sub 12-7 and maybe get close to my stretch goal of 12stone precisely.
 
Training... After a disappointing start to the week I once again had a good weekend.  After a rest day on Monday and work meaning cancelled gym sessions on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday I was up against it.  However, I managed two pretty decent rides over the weekend.  Saturday was a solo ride out to Surrey (80k / 3:15).  Sunday was a ride out to Didcot for lunch (98k / 3:47).  Sundays' Didcot ride was very similar to a ride I did a few months ago, so it was nice to see that the av. speed has increased by a couple of clicks.  The main disappointment is that I didn't meet my target hours for the week.  Will have to rectify by ensuring that I meet the 10 goal for the week ahead.

No comments: