6 April 2009

Update: 13 Weeks...

Weight: 13-6.0. (Target 13-9.5). BMI: 26.9. Body Fat: 26.6%.
Wk14 Training: Hours: 9:53 (Target 10:00). Bike: 183.0km @ 24.6kph.

 

Weight... Another week of loss.  Down 1.4 lbs for the week.  So, I've reached the halfway point of this training schedule.  13 weeks/3 months down and the same again to go before I re-attempt the Marmotte.  In the last 3 months I've lost some 29.2 lbs [2st 1.2 or 13.2kg] at 2.25 lbs / wk which I reckon ain't all that bad going.  Stretch target is another 20lbs in 13 weeks at 1.54 lbs / wk.  Although the lighter I get the harder it's going to be to shift the weight (the only upside is as I get closer my training will also increase a little).  So, it is doable if I keep motivated and watch that two many foodie distractions don't cross my path (Like Saturday afternoon's birthday cake, pre-movie Wagamamas & mid-movie pick'n'mix !!!).

 

Training... A pretty good week.  3 good gym sessions and then two good rides.  Saturday's ride was a short loop through Surrey to Sutton where I had a 'Cycling Analysis' session for an hour.  This involved hooking my bike up in a turbo trainer connected to several wires and a bike computer.  The two main assessment were based round bike setup and pedalling analysis.  On the set up front, the biggest issue seems to be my reach/stretch with me being too stretched out. I'd benefit from a shorter stem.  On the pedalling front I demonstrated a pretty even power distribution (approx 51%L / 49%R) but I would benefit from increased efficiency by practicing to pedal full circles. Sunday's club run (plus a little) was a very pleasant 4.5hrs in the Surrey lanes.

 

Box Hill... The club run took us up Box Hill again today.  As usual I couldn't resist a pretty full bore effort (173 Av HR / 90% Max). Once again I managed to shave a little time off my last attempt.  Today I made it up in 7:25 which is 27 seconds quicker than my effort of 3 weeks ago; and I'm now 4secs ahead of my arbitrary scheduled target for this week.

2 comments:

Ben said...

you forgot to mention the 3 glasses of medium white last wednesday!

Good effort with the training, after all of this 'on the day' will seem like a breeze. Or is that the point?!!

Ben

Richard Allen said...

My secret is out... It was a mighty tasty Pinot Grigio for the record.

I a not sure that the marmotte can ever seem like a breeze. I think it's always going to hurt the same, it just takes you less time to get across the line.