14 April 2009

Update: 12 Weeks...

Weight: 13-5.2. (Target 13-7.6). BMI: 26.7. Body Fat: 26.2%.
Wk13 Training: Hours: 3:38 (Target 11:00). Bike: 65.6km @ 23.2kph.
 
Weight... Down just the 0.8 lbs for the week.  Smallest loss so far.  Low levels of training and high levels of chocolate intake could well be to blame.  I have reasonable will power in a controlled environment.  But outside of this I tend to lose it.  Easter weekend away meant that I lost a little control and therefore discipline.  Is it possible to walk past a bowl of Jelly Babies and M&M's without picking? Surely not. Reckon that I am now past the point of where the 'easy-pounds' drop off with the occasional week of unexpected exceptional loss (of say 4lbs).  I think from here it will be much slower, steady incremental loss.  Give that I don't expect/want to lose any weight in the final week (the 5 days running up to the Marmotte) as I will taper my exercise and carbo-load, I have just 11 weeks until the the last weigh-in. Based upon last weeks loss (0.8 lbs) the forecast final weight is...  12-10.4.  Hmmm.  A smidgen under 2007, but about a stone and a half under last years marmotte weight.  However, I want more.  I want to be sub 12-7.  So i need to up my game.  1.2lbs a week 'll do it.
 
Training... Just one word.  Absolute shocker.  Work commitments (quarter end no less) meant that there were some late nights last week and as such gym sessions were missed.  Manages to squeezed in a spin class on Thursday before work.  Then the weekend; with jobs outstanding and miserable weather I did nothing on Friday & Saturday.  Managed to get out on Sunday though for a gentle spin before Easter lunch.  To sum up my week, I was just 30 minutes into this ride, in the mist & drizzle, when I unexpectedly came to a ford across the road.  Unsure of water depth/quality of surface I headed to the side and up the concrete pedestrian ramp.  Uh oh.  Half way up it becomes clear that this 'bridge' is made of wooden sleepers.  I lasted about a  metre and a half before my front wheel and the wet, the algae covered wood parted company.  I landed on my side, on the bridge (just) but with both arms up to my elbow in the ford.   I was already lacking in motivation, and now I had wet cold hands & arms.  I was less than amused.  To be fair once I hit the hills the ride got better but my low speed (23.2) and heart rate (134) are indicative of a so-so effort.  I amended my plan so that this was a rest week, put the week behind me and am going to try to move on to better things.

No comments: